04 March 2014

A World of Whites


A World of Whites


Lost Trail, 2004. Oil on canvas, 16x20".

I love to work in season - portraying the elements as I am experiencing them in the world outside the studio. 

I have trouble keeping up however. We have, for example, received feet of snow in blankets and drifts in recent weeks. All this snow, a beautiful, bewildering and intriguing world of whites, has begun to appear on pages and canvases, but what do you want to bet, it will have disappeared before I plow my way through all these images? 

This is part of the reason I am experimenting with a new process, one that allows for more direct reflection of ideas and experiences, but also more immediate expression of sentiments and sensations. Hopefully, I will be able to share some of these new compositions before they appear out of season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers